Massage therapy can be very beneficial to you. There are a few things you may like to know if you have never had a professional massage before.
1. Professional massage is strictly NON-Sexual.
2. Please arrive at least ten minutes early for your first appointment. You will be given a health form to fill out, which you will then discuss with your massage therapist. Any current health issues will be discussed, and a treatment plan and goals for the session will be developed accordingly.
3. Depending on the type of massage you are receiving, your level of undress depends on your comfort level. Your therapist is trained to use the draping (sheet covering you) as a boundary. If at any time, you are uncomfortable in any way, please address your needs or concerns to your therapist.
* For Swedish massage, relaxation massage, prenatal, and some deep tissue massage, many people will undress down to their underwear, and some will completely undress. This allows your therapist to use long flowing strokes that are not broken up by clothing. You are still completely covered by the draping on the table, except the area being massaged.
* For NKT, Orthopedic Assessment and massage, Sports Massage or Sport Myofascial work, you may wear a loose fitting pair of shorts or running shorts and a tank top or sports bra. This allows your therapist to utilize stretching and movement techniques, as well as postural evaluation during the session.
*Massage work can always be done through clothing, without the use of oils or lotions. Please don’t shy away from massage because you don’t want to get undressed! You can have an effective massage through your clothing, just tell your therapist you are not comfortable undressing.
4. Sometimes you may become emotional during a massage, this is NORMAL, and your massage therapist will respect your need for tissue, a glass of water, or even if you need a few minutes to yourself.
5. Your massage therapist adheres to a professional code of ethics as a member of the NCTMB and the AMTA.
6. Please note that there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. We have set aside a specific time for your massage session, please be respectful of that commitment. It is hard to fill appointment times at the last minute, so please be respectful of our time, and kindly give 24 hour notice. If there is a chance you are sick or in cases of emergency, the fee will be waived. If notice is not given or you are a no-show, you will be responsible for paying the full session fee. If the appointment was made with a gift certificate as payment, the gift certificate will be forfeited. Thank you!
7. If you are running late for an appointment, please call. If you are late for an appointment, please note that depending on time constraints, your therapist may not have the time to provide the full time allotted for your session. The session must still be paid in full. If time permits, your therapist will work for as much of the session time as possible.